Sunday, January 27, 2008

Talk about dry...


No, not the weather... TCP/IP Illustrated Volume 1. Now, don't get me wrong, this is an amazing book. Probably the best book (and series) ever on TCP/IP, but it's no The Great Gatsby. Nothing like spending a kid free Sunday afternoon (she's at my mother-in-laws) brushing up on IP packet headers and connection handshakes. 

I do highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn all there is about IP networking. My copy is about 12 years old now, the binding has broken spots in it, and there are beer stains along a bunch of edges from sitting on my desk and someone at a party long time ago knocking a beer over. I'm not sure what I was more upset about, a spilt beer or beer on my book. But, it adds character to it.

Now back to reading about all 15 different ICMP packet types...

No comments: